Why is Jim Running?
Jim Puckett has previously served the people of District One for three terms on the Board of County Commissioners and one term on the Board of Education. He was at the forefront in the fight to have neighborhood schools, to demand setting and implementing budget priorities, and as a small business owner brought a real world perspective to how tax incentives truly impact business recruitment and growth.
Jim looks forward to being the voice of accountability and solutions as the District One representative for Mecklenburg County Board of Commissioners. Jim looks forward to using the skills gained from a decade in county and regional governance along with the experience and knowledge honed from owning and operating regional businesses to help guide Mecklenburg County towards better educational opportunities, responsive and efficient public services, business regulations that encourage rather than hinder economic growth, and competitive tax rates.
- Lowest Responsible Tax Rates with Priority Based Budgeting
- Efficient, Open, and Accountable Governance
- Performance Based Staff Compensation
- Parent and Student Centered School Management
- Business Growth Directed Regulation and Support
- Realistic Transportation Policies
- Safe, Secure and Affordable Police Services
To learn in detail Jim’s mission please visit - www.jimpuckett.com